New fee rates from 16 January 2015
When you apply for a license to award your product with the EU Ecolabel, you must pay an application fee. If your application is approved you will as a license holder be liable to pay an annual license fee. Please note that we use the exchange rate determined by Denmarks Nationalbank on the first working day of the year and that all amounts are exclusive of VAT.
When you apply for an EU Ecolabel license, you must pay an application fee.
If you wish to add products to your license or amend the composition or production of the licensed products you must pay an expansion fee. The fee depends on the scope of the amendment or extension, i.e. the number of hours spent on handling your application.
Your license is valid as long as the criteria for your product remain in force. When a criterion expires, it is reviewed or replaced by a new criterion, which takes place approx. every 4 to 5 years. In case you wish to continue your license, you must apply for a renewal.
Annual license fee
You must pay an annual license fee, which gives you the right to market your product or service bearing the EU Ecolabel. The license fee depends on the turnover of the ecolabelled products. Please read below for more information about the fees.
Applying the license in other countries
If you have been awarded a license to use the EU Ecolabel, it applies in all EEA member countries*****. All products awarded with the EU Ecolabel are published in a catalogue at EU Kommissionens webpage.
• If your enterprise has been granted licenses to both the Nordic and the EU Ecolabels, it is possible to gain a reduction of the license fee.
• Moreover, the application fee may be reduced if the applicant is a small or medium-sized enterprise, a micro-enterprise or an operator in a developing country.
• Further, the application fee is reduced for applicants registered under the European Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) and/or certified according to ISO 14001 provided that compliance with the requirements of the ecolabelling criteria are incorporated in the certification.
• A small or medium-sized enterprise is an enterprise with more than 10 but less than 250 employees and an annual turnover below DKK 375 million.
• A micro-enterprise is an enterprise with less than 10 employees and an annual turnover below DKK 15 million.
• (Commission Recommendation 2003/361/EC of 6 May 2003 (OJ L 124, 20.5.003, p. 36).
• A developing country is a country on the OECD Development Assistance Committee list of countries receiving development aid.
EU Ecolabel fee rates from 16 January 2015
Pursuant to the decision of the European Commission for a new framework for the EU Ecolabel, the fees have been adjusted. The fees became effective on 16 January 2015.
||TYPE OF FEE
|Application fee / renewal fee, standard
||EUR 2000* + VAT****
|Application fee / renewal fee, SMEs and operators in developing countries
||EUR 600* + VAT****
|Application fee / renewal fee, micro-enterprises
||EUR 350* + VAT****
||Refund of travel, accomodation costs and working hours of EUR 1,000 + VAT**** per day
|Amendment/Extension of fee
||Working hours spent (EUR 125 + VAT****/hour), but not exceeding the application fees above
0.15% of the turnover in EEA-member countries*****
however minimum EUR 1,500 + VAT**** per year and maximum EUR 25,000 + VAT**** per year.
*If the applicant is also registered under the European Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) or certified according to ISO 14001, the application and renewal fees are reduced subject to the ecolabelling requirements being expressly incorporated in the certification as part of the environmental policy and specific environmental objectives. The reduction is 30% for EMAS, and 15% for ISO 14001. The reduction is not cumulative. In order for the applicant to be entitled to this reduction, documentation of certification shall be submitted at the time of application as well as a copy of and reference to the parts of the management system in which the ecolabelling requirements are expressly incorporated.
** License fees for micro-enterprises, SMEs and operators in developing countries are reduced by 25%.
*** For license holders licensed to use the Nordic Ecolabel for the same products during the same period, the Nordic share of the EU turnover may be excluded from the calculation of the license fee for the EU ecolabel. This does not affect maximum and minimum fees.
**** The sale is subject to reverse charge. The recipient is liable for the VAT according to article 56 of the Council Directive 2006/112/EC.
***** The EEA (European Economic Area) consists of all EU member countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Applicable from 16 January 2015.