Textile services, i.e. laundry and rent of textiles, concern many areas in both public and private business.
Washing and delivery of work clothes, hospital textiles, textiles for hotels and restaurants, cloth hand towel rolls, mats and mops are a few examples.
Textile rental is an environmentally friendly alternative to owning textiles or using disposable items, and fits well in the circular business models that we need to regain.
A Nordic Swan Ecolabelled textile service:
- Is energy efficient and has a low climate impact.
- Consumes limited amounts of water and uses the planet’s resources sparingly.
- Uses chemicals complying with stringent environmental and health requirements. For example, detergents not containing fragrances or DADMAC.
- Reduces the environmental impact of transport involved in distribution.
- Buys large quantities of textiles which either are ecolabelled or comply with the Oeko-Tex 100 standard.
Fees valid from 1st January 2018
|Type of fee
||EUR 3,000 + VAT per unit
The fee payable for each unit in a chain is reduced by 50% if the chain processes the application centrally
||EUR 1,500 + VAT per unit
50% reduction per unit, cf above
|More than one inspection visit within the Nordic region**
||EUR 500 + VAT per visit
|Inspection visits in Europe**
||EUR 1,500 + VAT per visit
|Inspection visits outside Europe**
||EUR 2,500 + VAT per visit
|Extension of existing licence***
||Extension of existing or changes in licence
< 4 hours: EUR 375 + VAT
< 8 hours: EUR 750 + VAT
≥ 8 hours: EUR 1,500 + VAT
|Annual licence fee for Denmark
0.15% of turnover + VAT per year for turnover
< EUR 8.5 million
0.05% of turnover + VAT per year for turnover
> EUR 8.5 million
|Minimum fee for Denmark
||EUR 2,000 + VAT per unit per year
|Maximum fee for Denmark
||EUR 6,500 + VAT per unit per year
Maximum EUR 60,000 + VAT per year per group, however minimum EUR 2,000 per unit per year + VAT
Fees for sale outside the Nordic region
(Only if revenue > EUR 300,000 per year)
|EUR 2,000 + VAT per year
* When both the applicant and the manufacturer are micro-enterprises, the fee is reduced by 50%. A micro-enterprise is in this context defined as an enterprise with less than 10 employees and an annual turnover (of both ecolabelled and not ecolabelled products) below EUR 2 million.
** Where audits requires more than one day away from the office including travelling, Nordic Ecolabelling can invoice an additional fee of 1,000€ per extra day. Other extraordinary costs induced by the audit can also be invoiced the applicant.
*** As for an extension of or amendments to a licence, time consumed in connection with the review process will be invoiced according to the extent of the required task. We make a distinction between entirely administrative tasks that last less than 1 hour, and all other tasks that last between 1 and 4 hours, between 4 and 8 hours and more than 8 hours.
Published 26 September 2017, valid from 1st January 2018
The recipient is liable for the VAT according to article 56 of the Council Directive 2006/112/EC.
All information given on this site is subject to a disclaimer for errors and omissions